Tuesday, September 1, 2009

5 more days to UNBC

I am moving myself and all my swag to residence in 5 days to start a new career for the next few years: life as an engineering student.


It's funny how this seemed like such a wonderful remote idea 6 months ago when I decided to apply. It's still a good idea now, of course - just scarier now that it's being realized. You can't go too wrong with more education. There are much worse things to do other than not work.


The thought of leaving all friends and family to go somewhere where I know nobody? 
Then: "No big deal - it's only temporary." 
Now: "Oh dear." 
But hey, with the Internets, you're never alone, right? We've always got msn messenger.


Also, if I think of this in terms of being a new adventure, I feel a lot better. UNBC, here I come!


And don't worry, everyone! I won't turn into one of those engineers. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to hold you to that promise. (Even if you take this website down later.)

    ReplyDelete